Nothing beats a long Fall

   There's no better time of the yea  then when all the leaves start to change. The mornings get brisk and the days get darker. I am the type of person that likes cool air and dark skies. It may sound like I'm a morbid person but in fact, I just love everything that comes along with the weather.

Everyone seems to loves the summer. The beach, the BBQs, the bathing suits. I'm not a fan. I don't like the heat, the crowds (I live on the Jersey Shore) and me and the sun do not get along at all. I burn... bad. My Hispanic heritage does not assist me when I need it most. There are just too many things that are better done in the fall when it's gloomy than in the summer when it's hot and humid.

For instance, can you curl up with a good book with the windows open while you snuggle up under a blanket? Possibly add a fire in the mix? No, you can not. It's just too damn hot. Plus, I usually like to drink a glass of warm tea with my books which is not an option in July and August, sometimes September.

Now that we have a kid it much more fun in the fall, from we I have seen so far. Fall activities are much more fun when you don't have to worry about sunscreen (we did not get lucky here, our kid is clear!) or worry about lugging tons of water with you.

Also, bring a towel with you cause you never can tell when you will be going swimming. Maybe... I love the changing of the leaves, the shortening of the days, the picking of pumpkins, literally all of it. Just this pat weekend we went to a giant pumpkin patch/ fall festival-like place. There was live music, pig races and hayrides. Now that we get to enjoy these things with a kid makes it that much better. 


Also, as the weather grows colder, people come closer. Families enjoy more meals together. Kids spend more time indoors or relatively closer to home. And the sense of community grows that much more because of this.

My dream, as my daughter gets older, is that when fall comes around, Mealz will want to cuddle up next to me and have me read her a story under a blanket...with maybe a fire going, we will have to see if we have a house by then.  She can run wild and be free in the Summer but when it's fall, she's all mine... I hope. Kids are weird these days.

 I wish Fall could last forever.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Year for Those Halloween Feels...

Joining the Subie Cult...it's real...

This Poor Mans Diet...