I fell off the wagon...

So as you can imagine, my mind has been quite a wreck lately. So many thoughts both good an bad going through. With my mom passing, there was a lot of stuff to take care of still. There was so much to go through.

A lot of the left over stuff was given to me. There was one item in particular that was given to me. This item caused my relapse. I am not proud of what I did. Did I feel better after wards? Absolutely! Who wouldn't? Even as stayed away from the stuff for going on over a year I couldn't say no... i was not strong enough... it tasted too good!

I ate ham... c'mon guys get your head out of your asses, I'm not that weak.

My mother had a ten pound smoked ham stashed away for the holiday that was near it's expiration so rather than see the poor guy tossed away, i took it home with me. Tonight was the night that my wife cooked it up and boy was it marvelous. The pineapples and the glaze were just too much for me. I started out saying to myself, I can stop after one... six slices later I'm going through a full blown relapse on pork.

After being pork free for quite some time, I was a bit ashamed and upset with myself but knowing how well done it was and how perfect it was prepared made it seem like the poor pig that was slaughtered for the occasion did not go in vain. Rather, he was celebrated for his sacrifice. Hell we even toasted to the meal. The toast was more for the fact that my mother would have been proud of the dish bit still, it was that damn good.

After filling myself to the brim in pork I looked at my wife, she wasn't judging my actions, and said that i just two weeks and I will be straight again.

Thats how.long it will take to get through the remaining portion. Yeah, it was that big.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joining the Subie Cult...it's real...

Have you seen Riverdale ...?

Finding Stability in a Start Up World