Star Wars Rebels: an end to something great...

So I just finished the series finale of star wars rebels and i have to say... that was a great show stopper, literally. I have watched the series since its premier and have enjoyed the story that it gave to star wars fans like myself.

And yeah, I know it's a Disney cartoon but they took this project very seriously and you could tell. As a fanboy of the franchise, I loved seeing how this series was not just creating a new band of extended universe characters that would never see the light of day off the TV circuit. The characters were pulled from novels that were written up to 20 years ago even included them in the mainstream saga such as Captain Sendula, my apologies if I mispelt, and the Ghost were a part of the major space battle in Rogue One that was hatched to obtain and deliver the Death Stars plans that launched the first main trilogy story. Sendula would also go on to battle in the fight for Endor, it is noted even though we don't see it. Characters from other branches of the saga were included as well and brought in to play major parts in the series. 

Speaking of which, I got chills when we see Ashoka standing at the end of the finale. A lot of fans were upset when her fate was delivered but no closure was given. Thanks to Ezra's actions in the final episode, we now get to continue the fandom that is Anakin Skywalkers once padawan. 

When it comes to Star Wars that is mostly what every fan wants. We want all parts to be included to an extent that is not in your face. We don't want all the characters from the cartoons in every movie so that we are pleased to see how they fit rather we enjoy knowing that no matter what part of the saga you picked up in, you can still expect to hear at least a reference to their contribution. In the first original trilogy, Obi Wan mentioned the Clone Wars. A statement that came and went in a matter of seconds but we get to see that statement play itself out in the prequel trilogy that came about twenty some odd years later. And yes, I enjoyed the prequels as well, for the story, not the acting. The acting was a little too... in front of a blue screen for me. I can't wait to see how they plug more mentions or even appearances into future installments of the saga. What will they do with Ezra's story? He and Thrawn are just floating through space somewhere or are they? The glass was shattered on the ship when they jumped into hyperspace so the could both be dead. I would also really like to see more of Sabine Wren and what her character could contribute to the overall franchise. I kow I'm not alone on that one, we all love the characters that wear Mandalorian armor no matter if they are bad or good. 

All in all, the send off to the series was great and I don't think we could have asked for more. The right doors were left open and the proper ones were closed. With the recent addition of John Favreau as a producer of the ongoing saga I am sure he will give us all what we want without spoiling what we have.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joining the Subie Cult...it's real...

Have you seen Riverdale ...?

Finding Stability in a Start Up World