The Curse of the Curly Hair...

I understand that there are two sides to the argument of curly hair being the better ... hair. People who have it hate it and those without it, want it. Its really a great embodiment of the phrase " be careful what you wish for". I wished for our daughter to have beautiful curly hair and she got it and I ha... ehh, for lack of a better  word, struggle  with it.

Don't get me wrong,  Mealz and her golden locks are adorable. And I love everything about her, but man... that hair collects food and boogers like none other. Every other night during bath time I brush all the items out of those twisty little traps. It cracks me up to know that I actually have a routine to the whole thing. For any other fathers out there that are in the same boat pay some attention to this part. I pour water on her head and look for the frizzy parts. I brush, very lightly, the frizzy parts until they become smooth. That's how I know the knot and food is out. Once her whole head is smooth I know I'm done. This process is what allows me to remedy the tangly situation atop my daughters head. 

Of course, within moments the hair takes back to its original form by sucking itself all back together. Curly hair is quite a job. It's the reason I try my best to keep mine at a length that allows me to not have to deal with it. My wife has her fair amount of bouts with her hair too. During the day her hair is forever in her eyes and Mealz being the age that she is, has no idea to brush it to the side so it just sits there like a always present vail. She deals with this by trying and most of the time succeeding in putting pigtails in her hair. Anyone that has a daughter with curly hair knows that pigtails are a temporary fix. Curls just love to pull themselves in and wiggle out of whatever confines they are in. They are adorable when they are in but boy oh boy when they come out we are looking at a very small, blonde haired version of Ace Ventura. 

My hopes on this matter are for the hair on her head to quickly grow to a length that allows for a ponytail. At least if we have that going on she can view the world with less distraction created by her blonde vail.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joining the Subie Cult...it's real...

Have you seen Riverdale ...?

Finding Stability in a Start Up World