First time out...

When you become a parent your social life takes a dip. Well... for some of us it does. It is to much work to find friends that still want to come around and it becomes impossible to plan outings with others. Unless those you are meeting with have just as much difficulty getting out. Jeez, just getting to Booskerdoo feels like we climbed Everest, the achievement!! The rush even if just for 30 minutes while Meals entertains herself with a coffee cup sleeve.

This weekend we are going out on our own for the first time since becoming parents and I could not be more excited. My wife on the other hand is..well.. freaking out a bit. I get it completely, i am a little worried myself. I believe that half way through the evening one of us will be running home to assist with the bedtime routine. I have faith in our replacement but our routine is kind of... strict?

We have the feeling that so many things can go wrong but at the same time, so many things can go right. This ks probably totally normal thinking for new parents, I hope. We were smart when choosing the TPR for the evening. (TPR stands for Temporary Parental Replacement). We needed to choose someone that Meals is familiar with. Someone she sees most of the time. And then we've upped her presence and walked her through the bedtime regiment a few times. Even purchased some disposable diapers so as to not burden her with our cloth diapers, those can be a bit much for outsiders. Still, after all the prep, we believe one of us will be rushing home to assist.

I just cant wait to get on the dance floor with my lovely wife and eat a meal without keeping an eye on the little one while the dog begs for her to drop some for him. Mind you some parents do this every weekend. In a not so parent-like manner. Posting a status on Facebook asking your friends who can watch so and so, mommy needs to hit the bars with my girls, is NOT good parenting. (You know who you are...).

We need this night. Thank you Mike and Corine for inviting us to your wedding and kudos to it being 15 minutes away. We might have not been able to attend had it been further. Ha! Who am I kidding, like I said. We need this night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Year for Those Halloween Feels...

Joining the Subie Cult...it's real...

This Poor Mans Diet...